The Adsorption & Membrane group's expertise covers:
- Testing and ranking of adsorbents for carbon dioxide capture using the zero-length column system.
- Testing of polymers for membranes for Carbon Capture.
- Molecular modelling and simulation of novel nanoporous materials.
Dynamic process modelling and simulation of adsorption and membrane-based capture technologies.
- Process integration and optimisation.
- Circulating fluidised beds.
- Mixed-matrix membranes and carbon nanotubes.
The power plant engineering group's expertise covers:
- Power plant engineering with carbon capture.
- Post-combustion capture for coal and natural gas, and oxyfuel combustion.
- Process engineering, control and techno-economics of transient capture operations.
- Techno-economics of CO2 capture and transport in low carbon electricity markets.
For more information on...
- the projects we are or have been involved in, which are funded by the EPSRC, EU and DOE.
- new PhD positions and how to apply for one.
- the newly developed MSc course in carbon capture run in conjunction with the School of Geosciences.
- the School of Engineering carbon capture research group members.
- the laboratory facilities for carbon capture research.